Man is a social being. There’s a constant need to connect with others. Isolating oneself often results in depressive and negative thoughts. Solitude leaves one drained and unproductive. With the rising number of stress triggers in the environment and a constant need to overachieve, most people are under pressure. They often withdraw to try and cope with life. However, owning an Emotional Support Animal can help alleviate loneliness and make you thrive again.
Your ESA dog can be your best companion in loneliness. Click the button below to get your ESA letter.
Effects of Loneliness
Detaching from society has considerable implications in one’s life, especially in terms of mental health. Some of the effects of loneliness include:
- Depression – According to the World Health Organization, over 300 million people suffer from depression worldwide. One of the leading causes of depression is loneliness. When a person who was jovial and socially active suddenly withdraws and doesn’t want to interact with people, then they are most likely suffering from a depressive disorder.
- Weak Social Networks – When one is lonely, their social connections are weak. As human beings, we thrive on interactions and networking. Isolating oneself hinders growth and achieving one’s full potential.
- Poor Lifestyle – When lonely, your living conditions will deteriorate gradually. You lack the motivation to feed well, build on your dreams or even make investments. All you want to do is hide from the world and wallow in your worries.
- Negative Thoughts – Loneliness is fertile ground for negative thoughts. When lonely, you won’t want to do anything, and this leaves you idle. As you overstretch your brain during isolation, your health takes a beating, and you may even think of committing suicide.
How Does an Emotional Support Animal Help Fight Loneliness?
One of the best ways to get rid of loneliness in your life is to invest in an Emotional Support Animal (ESA). Such animals will draw you out of your shell and help you thrive. An ESA can be a dog or a cat which you can move around with to help you socialize. The following are ways in which ESAs help alleviate loneliness:
- Companionship – With an ESA around you all the time, you will never feel lonely. They are the perfect companions and don’t allow you to withdraw into isolation. You will always have these furry friends around and can hold them close when feeling depressed or lonely.
- Mood Elevation – When lonely, one is usually gloomy and bored all the time. However, an ESA can quickly read your emotions and tell when you are in a low mood. During such times, the animal will try and cheer you up by cuddling next to you. Petting an animal is known to improve one’s mood.
Get rid of isolation with an ESA pet. Click the button below to get your ESA letter.
- Improved Physical Health – With an ESA around, you will have to feed and take it out for walks. Doing so will force you out of your isolation and motivate you to remain active. Taking care of these animals helps you feel like you are achieving something, and this makes you productive even in other areas of your life.
- Improved Social Networks – As mentioned above, loneliness kills your social life. You feel the urge to withdraw from society and refuse to attend events or go out to public places. However, an ESA will provide you with the motivation to go out and meet other people because it helps calm you and boosts your confidence.
- Improved Self-Esteem – One of the leading causes of loneliness is poor self-esteem. Lack of confidence in yourself can make you withdraw from people. ESAs are known to boost one’s self-esteem because they provide you with unconditional love and care. These animals don’t judge and see the best in you.
- Mental Stability – When you are lonely, your mind isn’t stable. You will often worry and fuss over everything. Owning an ESA is therapeutic and helps you keep sane. The most significant benefit of having an ESA is improved mental stability.
- Reduced Stress – Whether it’s at work or at home, stress triggers are everywhere. When stressed, you withdraw from your daily activities, and this leads to loneliness. Owning an ESA will help you cope better with stress and face problems head-on. These animals calm you and help you fight away anxiety.
- Better Living Standards – With an ESA around, you will want to improve your living standards. Some of these ESAs need to eat good food and have a cozy place to sleep. As you cater to their needs, you will also be motivated to improve your living standards which is fulling in itself.
ESAs can help you to deal with anxiety. Click the button below to get your ESA letter.
How Do I Get an Emotional Support Animal?
To get an Emotional Support Animal, you will need to be assessed by a qualified mental health physician. After a thorough assessment, they will recommend an ESA to help you cope with loneliness and fight its adverse effects. To move freely with an ESA, you need a certified ESA letter. At EsaCare, we are committed to helping you get an authentic Emotional Support Animal Letter in a fast and straightforward manner.