Emotional Support Animals offer more than just a pet company. They can help you to get rid of too much stress and emotional turmoil. Anxiety isn’t just a human problem. Your furry friend is most likely to get anxious too! This anxiety may emanate from negligence as well as the environment in which your pet shelters. Either way, you can easily overcome this anxiety and make your Emotional Support Animal bouncy again. At ESA care, we take pride in offering the best services as far as your flurry counterpart is concerned. Our clients are our first priority.
Stay mentally fit with your ESA pet! – Click the button below.
The following are some of the proven ways to calm down an anxious dog
- Exercise your flurry friend– This is applicable in situations where the dog feels abandoned. Separation anxiety can be solved by establishing a bond with the dog through regular exercise time. You should also ensure before leaving, and you take your dog for a walk. This can work wonders on your pet. Furthermore, you can play ball, run up the stairs, play Hide and Seek as well as a treadmill. Just like humans, your pet will feel relieved after such vigorous exercises.
- Physical Contact– This is one of the most effective ways of dealing with an anxious dog. There’s absolutely nothing that cheers up a dog like a simple touch from the owner. You can pick the dog up, cuddle them and pet them all you can. Have the dog close to you once you establish they have anxiety issues. Petting can be done on the side of your dog’s chest or shoulder. Petting can be varied, from fast to slow. This will leave your furry buddy relaxed, hence getting rid of their anxiety.
- Massage– Just like humans, pets get really cozy and relaxed after a massage. Since anxiety causes tensing of body muscles, a form of therapy such as massage will help relieve anxiety. The best way to give your dog a therapeutic massage is by giving it long strokes beginning from the neck downwards. For even better results, place one hand on the dog while the rest rubs it sensually. After some time, you may notice an area that may probably be giving your pet stress. You should focus your attention on that particular area. This will help your dog to overcome its stress after some moments.
An Emotional Support Animal is more than a pet – Click the button below.
- Therapeutic Music– Music isn’t just beneficial to human beings but to your furry friend as well. There’s power in music that can calm down a highly-strung pet. Whether at home or taking a ride in your car, music can help calm your dog’s nerves. Music can block scary noises emanating from the streets or any other bothersome noise to your dog. This way, your dog will be left with the only music that soothes him hence overcoming anxiety. A survey conducted established that most dogs prefer classical and harp music. Such music can act as a natural sedative that will help calm down your furry companion. The study further indicated that playing music lowered respiratory rates as well as stress hormones cortisol.
- Take your dog out– Pets need some time out as well! Taking your pet out may work wonders on anxiety-related issues. Choose a safe environment far away from disturbances and enjoy some moments with your friend. A serene environment will always calm down an anxious dog. Make it a routine to take your pet out. It’s a wonderful escapement that offers therapy and relief to pets. You can find an ESA letter conveniently at ESA Care.
- Calming Coats– These coats or at times T-shirts help to calm down dogs by applying pressure to your dog’s torso. They are put on like a swaddling cloth. They are commonly used when dogs exhibit anxieties related to traveling, abandonment, or even separation.
- Behavior Modification– When the aforementioned remedies fail to apply, then you can resolve to behavior modification in the case of pets having behavioral challenges. This treatment can help your dog to alter its emotional response. This cognitive approach can help your dog to become more confident and less afraid of its stressors. Eventually, your furry friend will learn how to cope with the challenges that emerge in the future and they will always remain calm. At ESA care, we have behavioral vets that will help you with the behavior modification approach.
Don’t wait anymore – get your ESA letter in a few easy steps!
It’s possible to calm down your dog and change their anxious situation. Since pets offer greater emotional support, you’d have to follow suit. You’re yet to experience the best side of your furry friend. At ESA care, we take pride in offering meticulous animal support services for you. Feel free to visit us today for more!
Book an Appointment by clicking the banner below.